Highland Strategies, founded by Suzanne Biemiller, creates and implements effective policy solutions that bring about desired change.
- Developed and wrote Greenworks Philadelphia, the City of Philadelphia's first comprehensive sustainability strategy.
- Created a new strategy and workplan for Broad Street Ministry.
- Planned strategies for the City of Philadelphia to address adult literacy, anti-poverty and increasing participation in the 2010 Census.
- Developed the Philadelphia Research Initiative, a program of The Pew Charitable Trusts.
- Conceived and helped develop SoundAboutPhilly, the first podcast tour of Philadelphia.
- Led the American Board of Internal Medicine's efforts to shift to a community-centered design model.
- Helped create and implement a public-private Transitional Jobs program for TANF recipients.
- Oversaw the effort to sell the Philadelphia Gas Works for the City of Philadelphia.
- Developed governance policies and grant-making structures for the founding board and executive director of The Lenfest Institute for Journalism.
- Executed the start-up of a federal economic growth and mobility project.
- Started a Business Improvement District in Philadelphia's Chestnut Hill neighborhood.